Our Response to COVID-19
April 3rd, 2020
Current Status: No confirmed cases of COVID-19 in any Greenwood homes.
At Greenwood Retirement Communities we continue to drive forward with our purpose of providing the best possible care to our residents and team members. We are dedicated to continuing to provide this level of care in the face of the COVID–19 pandemic. We are following all directives laid down by the Ministry of Health.
This week new directives were issued to all retirement homes in the province. We are now putting these directives into effect:
- In many of our homes, we have moved to tray service in suites for all residents except those who need supervision while eating.
- In a couple of our homes we have been able to space our dining rooms appropriately, allowing two meters between residents.
- Residents who wish to go outside are welcome to but should stay on the property and maintain safe social distancing from others.
Active Screening of Staff and Essential Visitors
- All team members and essential visitors are to be screened twice a day including temperature checks.
- Emergency first responders are to be permitted entry without screening in emergency situations.
Active Screening of Residents
- All residents will be screened twice per day for symptoms of COVID – 19 including fever, cough and difficulty breathing
- Any resident with symptoms (including mild respiratory symptoms) must be isolated and tested for COVID – 19
We continue to work with the Ministry of Health and all of our Supply Chain partners on a daily basis to secure PPE.
Please continue your beautiful deliveries for the residents. Each card, letter and small care package continues to brighten the smiles of our residents who are facing this with such stoicism. We are proud of our teams for working so collaboratively to protect our residents.
For information on how to protect yourself and how our staff is protecting your family member, please see the “How to Protect Yourself” tab located to the right of this message.
We will continue to keep our website updated with critical information. For the most recent updates, and to hear the great stories that are being shared during this challenging time, please follow our Facebook pages. We appreciate all your support, and kind words, as we work to keep your loved ones healthy and safe.
Thank you and stay healthy!
If you are looking for Residence specific information, please email the below addresses to be added to the communication fan out list.
Aberdeen Gardens, Hamilton ON email@example.com
Adelaide Place, Lindsay ON firstname.lastname@example.org
Applewood Retirement Residence, Peterborough ON email@example.com
Bramalea Retirement Residence, Brampton ON firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Place Retirement Residence, Hamilton ON email@example.com
Harmony Hill Retirement Community, Oshawa ON firstname.lastname@example.org
McCowan Retirement Residence, Scarborough ON email@example.com
Retirement Suites by the Lake, Scarborough ON firstname.lastname@example.org